2020 GSK / CSPS National Undergraduate Student Research Program Awards
SPONSORED BY GLAXOSMITHKLINE INC.
- Each Canadian Pharmacy School will receive one award worth $1,250 (Canadian dollars) in order to select an undergraduate pharmacy student to attend the annual Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences award ceremony – which will take place during the 7th FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress (PSWC2020) in Montreal, QC, May 22-27, 2020.
- The funded student must complete a “hypothesis testing” research project. Projects in all disciplines of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy) are eligible. All currently registered “full-time” undergraduate pharmacy students in good standing are eligible for this program.
*Note: Students who have previously held this award are not eligible.
- Each participating Pharmacy School will choose their own student and sponsoring supervisor and notify the CSPS Office by February 14, 2020. The student’s abstract should be submitted as a Word file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2020. If a school does not participate in this program, the funds may be given to another school (first come, first served). Each school will be responsible for determining the process by which they choose their student/supervisor representatives to the program. Each school will also be responsible for advertising this program to their students and faculty.
- Funds will be released to the school upon notification of student name, supervisor name, title of research project, and confirmation that the abstract has been received by the CSPS Office at email@example.com. Please include the name of the school administrator to whom the funds should be sent.
- The student will be required to attend the 2020 CSPS Symposium being held in Montreal, QC on May 22-27, 2020 as part of the 7th FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress (PSWC2020). These funds are provided to the student and can be used for travel, lodging and registration purposes to attend this meeting. PLEASE NOTE, each student is required to register for the Congress and the FIP early bird registration deadline is February 20, 2020. Please see FIP registration fees for further details.