Call for Abstracts for Poster Presentations
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
Abstracts for poster presentations are being accepted for the Annual Symposium, to be held at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport, Vancouver, BC, May 21-24, 2019. Abstracts in all areas of: pharmacy — pharmaceutical sciences — analytical chemistry — biomedical and clinical sciences – and related areas will be considered.
The deadline for submission has been extended to Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Authors will be informed of acceptance by Mon., March 25th. If you have not heard about acceptance of your abstract by that time, please email the CSPS office at email@example.com.
Presenting authors must be registered for the symposium and be present to discuss their work during all break periods of their assigned day.
Posters will be displayed on Wednesday, May 22, or Thursday, May 23. Posters will be displayed on Velcro panels, 48 inches high by 96 inches wide.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a scientific review committee. Posters presented should contain original work. However, in exceptional cases, work presented elsewhere within the last 12 months may be considered. Such work must be highly original and deemed of high importance by the abstract review committee to merit a second presentation. Work that has been presented elsewhere must be clearly acknowledged at the end of the abstract with the name of the meeting, the date of the original presentation, and referenced to the publication if abstract has been published. Only those abstracts that have not been presented elsewhere can be considered for poster awards.
All presented poster abstracts will be published in the Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences following the Symposium.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts – Please read carefully and follow the abstract guidelines provided
– The length of the body of the abstract should be 200 to 300 words maximum.
– Use Microsoft Word, Times New Roman Font, 11-point, single-spaced. Use the Symbol font for symbols and Greek characters. Do not add in any styles such as headings.
– Abstracts must be submitted in English, must contain an adequate body of data, and be free of typographical errors. Please proofread and spell-check abstract before submitting, as it will be printed exactly as it appears when submitted.
– Include the title of your abstract (bold), followed by the authors’ full names (first name, last name format) and addresses. Underline the presenting author’s name.
– Prepare the main text under the bolded headings: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
– A small table of data or small figure may be included.
– Naming your file submission: Name as presenting author’s last (family) name. For multiple submissions, submit a separate form for each abstract, and label with the last name and number: eg. Smith_1, Smith_2.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
The abstract submission site is now closed. All abstracts that have been submitted will be reviewed and authors will be informed of acceptance by Mon., March 25th. If you have not received notification regarding acceptance by that time, please email the CSPS office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSPS TRAINEE POSTER AWARDS
If you wish your poster to be considered for CSPS trainee poster awards at the Conference, a .pdf of your poster must be submitted online by Wed., April 17, 2019 – the link for submission will be provided later to all accepted authors. Please review awards eligibility criteria at https://www.cspscanada.org/awards/poster-awards/.
NOTE: The CSPS trainee poster awards will be presented on FRIDAY, MAY 24, AT NOON at the completion of the morning sessions. TRAINEES MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE AWARD, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE OFFERED TO THE RUNNER-UP FOR THE AWARD.
Questions: Liz MacMaster, email@example.com