2019 GSK / CSPS National Undergraduate Student Research Program Awards
SPONSORED BY GLAXOSMITHKLINE INC.
National Director: Dr. Amyn Sayani, GSK
Undergraduate pharmacy students present his/her research project findings at the CSPS Annual Meeting.
- Each Canadian Pharmacy School will receive one award worth $1,250 (Canadian dollars) in order to select an undergraduate pharmacy student to present their research project findings at the Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences Annual Meeting.
- The funded student must complete a “hypothesis testing” research project and have had an abstract submitted to and accepted by the 2019 Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences Annual Conference. Projects in all disciplines of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy) are eligible. All currently registered “full-time” undergraduate pharmacy students in good standing are eligible for this program.
*Note: Students who have previously held this award are not eligible.
- Each participating Pharmacy School will choose their own student and sponsoring supervisor and notify the CSPS Office by March 15, 2019. The student’s abstract for the poster to be presented should be submitted online to the CSPS Abstract Submission site before March 22, 2019, with a copy to the CSPS Office. If a school does not participate in this program, the funds may be given to another school (first come, first served). Each school will be responsible for determining the process by which they choose their student/supervisor representatives to the program. Each school will also be responsible for advertising this program to their students and faculty.
- Funds will be released to the school upon notification of student name, supervisor name, title of research project, and confirmation of abstract acceptance to the CSPS annual meeting to the CSPS Office at email@example.com. Please include the name of the school administrator to whom the funds should be sent.
- The student will be required to present their research project in the form of a poster at the 2019 Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences Annual Conference, May 21-24, 2019, in Vancouver, BC. These funds are provided to the student and can be used for travel, lodging and registration purposes to attend this meeting.